Tasman is a great place to live and work. The Tasman District Council's broad range of services and activities provide many job and career opportunities.
Tasman District Council is a Unitary Authority (combined regional and territorial authority) employing more than 200 people.
View current job vacancies and closing dates for applications.
You can apply online, by email or by post.
Links to information about the NMIT Employment Scholarship Programme.
Applications are accepted in August and September each year for holiday work between November and February.
Complete the online application form.
- Building Consents Officer 0.2 FTE
- Biosecurity Officer (0.4 FTE Fixed Term Six Weeks)
- Compliance and Investigations Officer
- Customer Services Officer - Part Time/Fixed Term (10 Months)
- Project Engineer / Project Manager
- Property Services Officer - (0.6 FTE Fixed Term Six Months)
- Student Summer Holiday Employment
- Technical Officer - Water and Wastewater
Tasman District is a Great Place to Live and Work
Climate and lifestyle are the some of the major factors for people choosing to live and work in the Tasman District. If you love the great outdoors, the Tasman District provides plenty of action, from tramping, moutaineering, camping, hunting and horse trekking through to boating and fishing. Or you can just relax at one of the many beaches or cafes.
Tasman District Council Values Statement
We achieve our Vision and Mission Statement through living our values. We:
- Communicate effectively
- Act with professionalism and integrity
- Work co-operatively
- Seek continuous improvement
- Lead by example
Make a Difference in Your Community
People working in local councils make a vital contribution to the environmental, cultural, and social well-being of our communities. We are responsible for finding solutions to local problems, delivering services that benefit the local community and developing long term plans to ensure the sustainability of your community - it's all in 'a day's work' for a council employee.