Roading Update 1930 hours: Motueka Valley Highway Now Open
Monday 18 June 2012
The following is a roading update as at 1930 hours. Motorists are asked to be careful and patient on the roads.
- The Motueka Valley Highway has reopened with the slips cleared from both lanes.
- The Motueka West Bank Road – care is advised with minor slips having occurred and been cleared, but the road is down to one lane in places.
- Surface flooding has closed the Waimea West Road between Eves Valley Road and Challies Road.
- Contractors are currently on site monitoring these areas.
- There are reports of minor surface flooding mainly due to some blocked culverts which are also being dealt with by contractors.
A reminder that if people feel threatened or are concerned about rising water levels near their property they should call 111 in the first instance.