Proposed Rates Remission Policy
Friday 20 July 2012
Proposed Rates Remission Policy for Land Affected by Natural Disasters
Submissions Closed: 24 August 2012
Tasman District Council’s Proposal for a Rates Remission Policy for Land Affected by Natural Disasters is now available for public consultation.
About the Proposal
The proposed Policy is for residential land affected by natural disaster, in order to provide rating relief for ratepayers unable to inhabit their dwellings or buildings as a result of natural disaster.
The Council has approved a Summary of Information and a Statement of Proposal for public consultation under section 83 of the Local Government Act 2002. Your views will help guide Council’s decision-making on whether to proceed with developing and adopting a policy.The proposal is contained in two documents:
- Summary of Information - Rates Remission Policy for Land Affected by Natural Disasters - which outlines the detail of the proposal, the reason for a proposal and the period for submissions.
- Statement of Proposal - Rates Remission Policy for Land Affected by Natural Disasters - which provides detail on the proposal, options, financial and other considerations.
The above documents are available for viewing on Council’s website at www.tasman.govt.nz and during normal office hours at the following Tasman District Council offices:
- Richmond Office, 189 Queen Street, Richmond
- Motueka Office, 7 Hickmott Place, Motueka
- Takaka Office, 78 Commercial Street, Takaka
- Murchison Office, 92 Fairfax Street, Murchison
- District Library, Queen Street, Richmond
- Motueka Library, Pah Street, Motueka
- Takaka Memorial Library, Junction Street, Takaka.
The Summary of Information will also be printed in the Tasman District Council’s Newsline circular dated 27 July 2012.
Submissions are invited on the proposal for a Rates Remission Policy for Land Affected by Natural Disasters and must be received by 4.30 pm on 24 August 2012.
Please post to:Submissions on Rates Remission Policy, Chief Executive’s Office, Tasman District Council, Private Bag 4, Richmond 7050
Or deliver to your local Tasman District Council office; or email to email@example.com.
You can also download and print the Submission Form - Rates Remission Policy for Land Affected by Natural Disasters.