Tasmans Great Taste Trail - Bridge Opening 8 July
Thursday 5 July 2012
The cycle/walkway bridge across the Wairoa River will be officially opened this Sunday 8 July at 1.00 pm enabling completion of Tasman's Great Taste Trail to Brightwater.
Cyclists of all ages and stages are invited to join the trail from the "closest point" to their homes and ride to the Brightwater Domain via the new bridge. All riders are encouraged to reach the bridge by 1.00 pm (off Pugh Road) where the bridge will be officially blessed. Riders and non-riders are then invited to meet at the Brightwater Domain where the Community Association have organised food, bouncy castles and music.
Meeting points and ride times are:
- Clifton Tce School to Brightwater: 2.5 hours (approx 31 kms)
- Nelson I-SITE to Brightwater: 2 hours (approx 24 kms)
- Honest Lawyer to Brightwater: 1.25 hours (approx 15 km)
- Lower Queen St Richmond to Brightwater: 40 mins (approx 9.5 kms)
- Ranzau School to Brightwater: 30 minutes (approx 6 kms)
- Wakefield to Brightwater: 30 minutes (approx 7 kms)
- Ferry Landing, Rabbit Island to Brightwater: approx 20 km
For more information contact Fiona Newey, Executive Officer, Nelson Tasman Cycle Trails Trust Phone 03 539 0226 or 0272 232 2213