Moturoa Rabbit Island Main Cycleways Open
Saturday 28 January 2017
The main cycleways including (Tasman's Great Taste Trail) on Moturoa Rabbit Island to the ferry are open from Saturday morning. There are some closures on Rough Island.
Please take care
- Care is needed when traversing the last 200m from the ferry landing.
- It is recommend that riders that are less confident walk this part of the trail.
- Some areas and tracks remain closed. A large number of trees have had to be cleared using heavy machinery.
Harvesting Closure - Rough Island
To allow harvesting operations to take place, the following closures and notices are in effect on Rough Island.
- Heath Road East between Travers and Tic Toc Road is closed
- Traverse Walking Track and Heath Road East open
- Kingsland Road, Clark Road, Heath Road West - open at all times
Map Showing Closed Track