Home » Policy
Read the Council's current plans, projects, reports and strategies, find council policies and bylaws, and learn how to have your say on current consultations.
This page lists the Joint Community Outcomes of Tasman District Council and Nelson City Council. They were formally adopted in August 2014.
Growth modelling is an important component of our long term planning. It helps us to determine what infrastructure and community facilities are required to service our growing population.
View the Council's annual, log term and resource management plans.
- Activity Management Plans
- Annual Plans
- General Reserves Policies and Reserves Management Plans
- Tasman Regional Passenger Transport Plan
- Joint Waste Management and Minimisation Plan
- Long Term Plans
- Motueka Aerodrome Plan
- Te Tau Ihu Statutory Acknowledgements
- Tasman Regional Policy Statement
- Tasman Resource Management Plan
- Regional Land Transport Programme
Policy guides decision-making - read the Council's policies on a range of activities and responsibilities.
- Code of Practice - Recreational Use of Motorbikes
- Council Policies
- Development Contributions Policy
- Dog Control Policy
- Flying Drones and Other Unmanned Aircraft Over Council Land
- Earthquake Prone, Dangerous and Insanitary Buildings Policy
- Enforcement Policies
- Gambling Venue Policy
- Guidelines for Best Practice
- Local Alcohol Policy
- Local Approved Psychoactive Products Policy
- Nelson Tasman Positive Ageing Policy
- Pensioner Housing Policy
- Property Rates Policies
- Roading Policies
- Significance and Engagement Policy
Have your say on Council proposals.
View information about Council monitoring and reporting.
View Council standards developed for specific work, such as engineering.
This page sets out Tasman District Council's eight Strategic Priorities, adopted in May 2014.
Review Council strategies for developing the Tasman District.