Tasman Resource Management Plan
This page provides an overview and breakdown of the combined district and regional Tasman Resource Management Plan (TRMP).
The Plan has been prepared in accordance with the Resource Management Act 1991 (the Act). The purpose of the Plan is to assist Council in carrying out its functions in order to achieve the purpose of the Act. The purpose of the Act is to promote the sustainable management of natural and physical resources.
You can download the entire plan as a single document, or in parts.
For proposed planning maps relating to a Change or Variation, please refer to "Changes and Variations" below.
Also available are a variety of Guides addressing specific aspects of the Plan. These guides are summaries only.
Read about areas of the TRMP that are currently being developed.
The main functions of the Council that are addressed in the TRMP are as follows:
- control of the effects of land use, development and protection, including soil conservation, water quantity and hazardous substances (as a regional council and as a territorial authority under Sections 30 and 31 of the RMA);
- control of the effects of land subdivision (as a territorial authority);
- control of noise emissions (as a territorial authority);
- control of the effects of activities on the bed (as a regional council) and surface (as a territorial authority) of rivers and lakes;
- control of the effects of activities (except for fishing) in the coastal marine area (as a regional council);
- control of the taking, using, damming and diversion of water (as a regional council);
- control of the discharge of contaminants (as a regional council).
The Plan states objectives, policies and methods to achieve integrated management of various natural and physical resources in Tasman District.
Ordering a copy of the TRMP
A physical copy of the Plan (either the text and/or the planning maps) can be prepared for purchase. The text is available for $160 or $175 (depending on the binder preferred) and the planning maps for $200. If wishing to order a copy, please complete the form below and return to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax 03 543 9524 OR Private Bag 4, Richmond, Nelson 7050
NOTE: Due to the size, complexity and number of updates incorporated in the Plan, fulfillment of an order may take some time to process . Please refer to the online version in the meantime.
For further enquiries regarding a hard copy of the TRMP
Contact Pam Meadows, TRMP Administrator