Control of Liquor in Public Places Bylaw 2012
Submissions Closed 21 September
You are invited to have your say on proposed changes to the liquor ban bylaw. Changes are proposed to the areas and times liquor bans operate, and include 24-hour liquor bans for the central business districts of Richmond, Takaka and Motueka and Riwaka for part of the year.
Draft Tasman District Council Consolidated Bylaw Chapter 3 Control of Liquor in Public Places Bylaw 2012
This summary is made to fulfil the purposes of Sections 83(1)(a)(ii) and 89 of the Local Government Act 2002. The summary contains details of the Statement of Proposal to replace the existing Tasman District Council Consolidated Bylaw Chapter 3 Control of Liquor in Public Places Bylaw 2007 (existing Bylaw).
Changes to the Existing Bylaw
Changes from the existing Bylaw in general terms relate to the areas covered by the liquor ban in Brightwater and environs, Collingwood, Kaiteriteri and environs, Mapua and environs, Motueka and environs, Murchison, Pohara and environs, Richmond and environs, Riwaka and environs, Takaka and environs, Tapawera and Wakefield and environs.
Changes are also intended to the times that the existing Bylaw is in force. Those time changes include a 24 hour liquor ban for the CBDs in Motueka, Richmond and Takaka, and for part of the year in Riwaka. The earlier start applied to the Kaiteriteri liquor ban area is extended to cover a wider period of the holiday season. Remaining areas have liquor bans commencing at 7.00 pm, compared with 9.00 pm in the existing bylaw.
Change to the definition of “Public Place” is included to align with the definition in the Local Government Act 2002. Full detail of these proposed changes are contained in the draft Tasman District Council Consolidated Bylaw Chapter 3 Control of Liquor in Public Places Bylaw 2012 (the draft Bylaw).
View Copies of the Proposal
A copy of the Summary of Proposal and the full Statement of Proposal may be viewed below:
- Summary of Proposal - Control of Liquor in Public Places Bylaw 2012
- Statement of Proposal - Control of Liquor in Public Places Bylaw 2012 - Part 1
- Statement of Proposal - Control of Liquor in Public Places Bylaw 2012 - Part 2 - Maps
The above documents are also available during normal office hours at the following Tasman District Council offices and libraries:
- Richmond Office, 189 Queen Street, Richmond
- Motueka Office, 7 Hickmott Place, Motueka
- Takaka Office, 78 Commercial Street, Takaka
- Murchison Office, 92 Fairfax Street, Murchison
- District Library, Queen Street, Richmond
- Motueka Library, Pah Street, Motueka
- Takaka Memorial Library, Junction Street, Takaka.
Submissions are now closed.