The Privacy Act sets out 12 information privacy principles dealing with the collection, holding, use and disclosure of personal information, and the assigning of unique identifiers. The principles also give you a right to access information about yourself and to ask for it to be corrected. In outline the 12 principles are:
- Purpose of collection of personal information.
- Source of personal information.
- Collection of information from subject.
- Manner of collection of personal information.
- Storage and Security of personal information.
- Access to personal information.
- Correction of personal information.
- Accuracy, etc., of personal information to be checked before use.
- Agency not to keep personal information for longer than necessary.
- Limits on use of personal information.
- Limits on disclosure of personal information.
- Unique identifiers.
The Act applies to the Tasman District Council in its role as an agency. In compliance with The Act the Tasman District Council holds certain information about ratepayers and residents of the Tasman District. This information is required for lawful purposes used in the functioning of the Tasman District Council. This information is sourced in accordance with principle 2 of The Act.
For more detailed information please refer to The Privacy Act 1993 and its amendments.
If you wish to view or correct any personal information held by the Tasman District Council, please phone (03) 543 8400 or email email@example.com.
Provision of Information by You
You acknowledge that any information or material which you provide electronically through your access to or use of this Website is not confidential or proprietary, except as may be required under applicable law, and acknowledge that unprotected communication over the Internet is subject to possible interception, alteration or loss. You warrant that any information or materials (other than personal data) which you provide do not infringe the rights of any person or entity, and that such information and materials may be used in whole or in part in any manner by Tasman District Council including, but not limited to, reproduction, retransmission or publication of such information or material or ideas or concepts. You agree not to introduce into or through this Website any information or materials which may be harmful to others.
- the Internet domain and IP address from which you are accessing this Website
- the browser and operating system you are using
- the date and time you access the site
- the pages you visit
- whether you arrived at this Website via a link from another site and the address of such site.
You consent to the collection and use of this aggregate information for the purposes stated herein.