Apply for Building Consent

Great, you're ready to apply. This page tells you how.

Apply Online

You will need:

When all these files are ready, go to the GoShift online application portal.  Register with your email address.  Create a "new submission", and follow the instructions.

Once you have registered, you will have access to the GoShift Dashboard and Customer Help.

For more information, please visit the GoShift website.

Paper Applications

Although our process is digital we will still accept paper applications if necessary, although we do not recommend this option.  You will need:

  • A Certificate of Title
  • Plans
  • Specifications
  • Supporting design and/or engineering reports.

The set of documents can be posted or brought into a Council Service Centre.

Once we receive them, we will convert them into digital documents - however, this will incur a scanning fee. Alternatively, there are commercial providers who can also digitise paper documents. Documents over A3 size need to be scanned by a commercial provider.

Related Links