Certificate for Public Use

This page explains how to apply to Tasman District Council for a Certificate for Public Use. 

Do I Need this Certificate?

If your building is intended for public use and you have consent to do building work, but have not had a Code Compliance Certificate issued, then you need this certificate.

It's the way we show it's safe for members of the public to enter and use the building, and also a requirement of the Building Act.

How Do I Get A Certificate for Public Use?

Once these steps are complete the safety plans will be reviewed.

Then, once the safety hoardings or fencing are installed and before any building work starts, we'll work with you to arrange an inspection.

The public cannot use the building until the certificate is issued.

Related Links