Home » Property » Heating » Warm Tasman - Insulation and Heating Rates Repayment » Warm Tasman - Heating Subsidy FAQ
This page is to answer questions about the Tasman District Council financial assistance offer for insulation and clean heating upgrades.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Service Provider?
- Am I Eligible?
- How Much Money Can I Get?
- Tasman District Council Assistance Offer?
- Do I Have to do Both Insulation and the Clean Heating Upgrade at the same time?
- Who Gets the Money?
- How do I Pay it Back?
- Can I Pay it Back Early?
- How do I Know How Much I Have Left to Pay?
- If I apply, How Long Will it Take for My Application to be Approved?
- Can I Cancel My Application if I Change My Mind?
- What Happens When I Sell My House? Do I have to Pay Off the Outstanding Balance?
- I Have More Than One House on My Property. Can I get Funding Assistance for Each?
Service Providers are those who have entered into an agreement with EnergywiseTM to deliver insulation or clean heating upgrades. They are subject to pricing, performance and auditing controls by EnergywiseTM. Lists of service providers are available from the Council or see the Council's Warm Tasman Brochure or the EnergywiseTM website Energywise : Funding for Insulation and Clean, Efficient Heating
- You must be the ratepayer for the house, and up-to-date with your rate payments.
- The house must have been built before 2000.
- You must be getting an EnergywiseTM grant for the insulation through an approved service provider.
- You must be in the Richmond Airshed to get Clean Air Funding through an EnergywiseTM approved service provider.
Your application will be processed as quickly as possible; within five working days is all that is required for processing.
The maximum of $2,600.00 is available for insulation and up to $3,500.00 for solid fuel burner upgrades per rateable property.
The Council’s voluntary targeted rate offer is available to ratepayers in conjunction with the Warm Up New Zealand: Heat Smart programme. The amount applied for is paid back (with interest and a $130 admin fee) over nine years along with the property’s rates. To see what you might be paying back, look at the table below.
|Per annum cost||$417.99
This increase on your rates will not start until a new rates year. Please note that these amounts will change on 1 July.
Note – if after the EnergywiseTM grant or Clean Air funding and Council assistance there is still an amount owing, this is your responsibility. The interest rate is set annually and is subject to change.
No it is not necessary to complete both at the same time, however, you must do the insulation before you can apply for a voluntary rate for the clean heating upgrade.
The Council will pay the money directly to your Service Provider. EnergywiseTM will also pay any subsidy directly to the Service Provider.
The Council will charge a “targeted rate” on your regular rates bill over a period of nine years.
You will repay the original amount that Council paid, its interest costs of borrowing the money (6.6% interest in the first year) and an administration fee of $130) . The interest rate is set once per year and subject to change.
No, this facility is not available. Please contact us or phone Customer Services 03 543 8400 for further information.
Please contact us or phone Customer Services 03 543 8400 to discuss the outstanding balance.
You must inform Tasman District Council before the installation is complete and before the installer invoices Tasman District Council (so we don’t pay them).
The rate stays with the house and this rate, along with the Warm Tasman insulation or clean heating solution, continues to stay with the house. You will be required to inform the purchaser of your property of this targeted rate (this is usually done through your solicitor). The rate will be notified on your property’s Land Information Memorandum.
Yes you can apply if each house is on a separate rates account.