Viewing Property Information
Property owners and potential purchasers can view property files by visiting any of the Council's offices in Richmond, Motueka or Takaka. Council offices hold property files relevant to their location area.
Most files are available “on demand”, but phoning or emailing Information at Tasman the day before you wish to view the property file is recommended. It will take a full working day to have files transferred between offices.
Information on the file will include any Council records that we hold at the time of the request relating to completed Building Act and Resource Management Act applications such as:
- application forms
- drainage plans relating to consented work
- copies of plans and specifications
- Code Compliance Certificates
- Property Information Memorandum (PIMs)
- planning reports
- resource consent decisions
- associated documents.
If you are unable to interpret the information, Council staff will be available to assist. There is a charge for retrieving files and photocopying information.
- The information contained within each property file varies and we make no guarantee the information you require will be contained on the property file
- Viewing a property file is not a Land Information Memorandum (LIM).