See where you can camp and learn how you can help safeguard the Tasman District's unique environment.
Find campgrounds in the Tasman region, plus information on the regulations campgrounds must meet.
Read the Council's policy for people using self-contained motorhomes, including information about prohibited areas.
Read a guide to freedom camping in the region.
Find out where campervans can dispose of sewage and wastewater.
Council-owned Camping Grounds and Reserves
Tasman District Council owns four camping grounds throughout the District as well as a number of reserves on which camping is allowed.
The camping grounds are run under lease by private contractors, except for Collingwood, which is subject to a management contract.
- Collingwood Motor Camp, Collingwood - 03 524 8149
Collingwood Camping Ground website
- Pohara Beach Camp, Pohara - 03 525 9500
Pohara Beach Camp website
- Motueka Holiday Park, Fearon Street, Motueka - 03 528 7189
Motueka Holiday Park website
- Riverview Motor Camp, Murchison - 03 523 9591
Reserves on which camping is permitted either have an honesty box or a caretaker who collects fees. These camping areas include:
- McKee Domain, SH 60, Ruby Bay
McKee Recreation Reserve Brochure
- Kina Beach, Cliff Road, Tasman
- Owen River Recreation Reserve, Murchison