Pohara Hall, Golden Bay

The Pohara Hall is located on the south east side of Abel Tasman Drive, Takaka to the east of the Pohara Store and Campground.  It is a multi-purpose facility which provides a venue for a wide range of social activities.

Picture of Pohara Hall, Golden Bay


History

The hall was built for the Golden Bay Cement Company in 1871 and is the second hall to be built on the site.  The land, the hall and other buildings on the property were exchanged with the Tasman District Council in return for property development of the Pohara Valley settlement.

Management

The hall is managed by Tasman District Council.

For more information about the Pohara Recreation Reserve, Golden Bay