Waimea West Hall, Brightwater

Waimea West Hall is located on Waimea West Road, 3 km from Brightwater and 13 km from Richmond. The hall has important heritage significance and is listed in the District Plan.

Picture of Waimea West Hall, Brightwater


History

Originally constructed in 1884 as the local school, the building served this purpose until 1938. Since then, it has been used as the Waimea West Tennis Club clubrooms.

Management

The hall is managed by a local committee that is elected three yearly, who are usually representatives of the groups that use the hall.

More information about the Waimea West Recreation Reserve, Brightwater

Bookings

Contact Garry Hall 542 3214.