Noise Control

Everyone has a responsibility to avoid making excessive noise. If you are disturbed by noise from your neighbours you can make a complaint to Council and have the noise investigated. 

The Council has Environmental Health Officers and after hours Noise Control contractors that can deal with your complaint. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as priorities allow.

Bird Scaring Devices

Find out about the requirements for use of Bird Scaring Devices.

How to Make a Complaint about Noise

Find out what happens if you make a complaint about noise.

Noise FAQ

Find out what excessive noise is and what you can do about it.

Motorbike Noise

Read the Code of Practice on Recreational Motorbikes and find out how to make a complaint.


You can contact an Environmental Health Officer during office hours by phone on 03 543 8400 or

You can make a complaint about noise out of office hours by phone on 03 5438400 and a noise control officer will visit.