Kerbside Rubbish and Recycling Collection
This page details the timetable of rubbish and recycling for the Tasman District.
- View the timetable
- Recycling Collection Calendar
- Collection Map
- Check Resource Recovery Centre hours
- Week of 27 March is Week 1
- Wee of 3 April is Week 2
- Week of 10 April is Week 1
If you are unsure about which day or week is your recycling week, check your bin. Read more about recycling bins, collection timetables and what it means for you.
Collections take place every day except for Christmas Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday.
Please place rubbish and recycling at the kerbside by 7.00 am.
The normal kerbside collection days and areas are:
|Day||Kerbside Collection Area|
|Monday||Golden Bay, Marahau, Kaiteriteri, Riwaka, Brooklyn|
|Wednesday||Moutere, Coastal Tasman, Mapua, Ruby Bay, Redwood Valley, Appleby, Northern Hope (including Clover Road and Main Road Hope and Lower Queen Street)|
|Thursday||St Arnaud, Tapawera, Tadmor, Belgrove, Wakefield, Brightwater, Southern Hope (South of Main Road Hope and Bateup Road), Upper Richmond (including Hill Street odd numbered houses and above)|
|Friday||Central Richmond (inside Gladstone Road, Champion Road, Hill Street, Bateup Road / Hart Road)|
- Rubbish bags are collected every week.
- Recycling (glass and other recycling) are collected every two weeks.
- Your collection day is printed on your new recycling bin.
- Place rubbish and recycling at the kerbside by 7.00 am.
- Please note only rubbish in official rubbish bags will be collected.
- Bags are available from Council offices. 45-litre bags are $1.80 and 60-litre bags are $2.30.
- All major supermarkets sell Council rubbish bags.
Not sure of Collection Day or Area?
Here's how you can check:
- Check your recycling bin - the sticker on the side will tell you the week number and the day. The day on the sticker is the day for all your collections.
- Download Your Improved Recycling Service - Brochure
You can also call the Council on 03 543 8400 to check your collection day.
Please note that our district is geographically widespread and not all areas are serviced – if you would like your area to be considered for an extension of service, please contact your local Council office.
Please put glass in the blue crate, put paper, pastic, cardboard and cans in the yellow-top.
What goes in my Recycling Bin?
- Clean plastic (Numbers 1–7, hard plastic only)
- Clean tins/cans
- Clean paper and cardboard
What can't go in?
- Hot ashes
- Meat Trays
- Food waste
- Plastic bags
- Bubble wrap
- Garden waste
- Electrical goods
- Engine oil bottles
- Automotive parts
- Disposable nappies
- Paint and chemicals
What Goes in my Blue Crate?
Only recycle empty, unbroken glass bottles and jars (clear, brown, blue and green).
Most residents will already have a blue recycling crate that they can use for glass recycling. If you don’t have one, contact your local Council office.
Residents are asked to keep their recycling in official Tasman District Council bins. If you’ve got a large amount of recycling you can drop it free of charge, seven days a week at any Resource Recovery Centre.