Industry in Tasman
The Nelson Tasman region has a diverse and robust industry base. The key sectors are:
These industries provide the region with a substantial platform for its export earnings.
The Employee Count Business Demography data as at February 2006 is as follows:
- 17.2 percent of employees are in the manufacturing industry
- 18.3 percent are employed in retail trade
- 9.7 percent are in the accommodation, cafe and restaurant industry
- 9.7 percent are in the agricultural, forestry and fishing industries
- 9.1 percent are employed in the construction industry
- 6.9 percent are in property and business services.