Motorcycle and Scooter Training Courses
Use this page to register for a motorcycle or scooter skills training course in Tasman/Nelson. Note these courses take a full day to complete.
These courses are seven (7) hours long and take place on the kart track on the Moutere Highway. There are two levels of motorbike courses:
Progressive courses - are for riders typically on a learners or restricted motorbike licence and who have been riding less than 5 years.
Advanced courses - are for riders typically on a full motorbike licence and who have been riding many years, or for those returning to riding after a break of many years.
These courses are for scooters of 50cc and under. The course is four hours long and takes place either on tennis courts or a large car park.
Currently there are no training dates organised. Courses will start again in September 2013. However you can still register your interest in a course by using the form below and you will be contacted about the next possible training date.
To register for a motorcycle/scooter training course you must:
- Fill in the registration form
- Pay the course fee ($20 (GST inclusive)):
- At a Tasman District Council office, or
- By internet banking - ASB Bank, Tasman District Council, 12-3193-0002048-03 (please put "Motorcycle" in the reference field)
- Courses have limited numbers, so are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Your place on a course and the training venue will be confirmed on receipt of your registration and payment.