Motorcycle and Scooter Training Courses
Use this page to register for a motorcycle or scooter skills training course in Tasman/Nelson.
These courses are seven (7) hours long and take place on the kart track on the Moutere Highway. There are three levels:
Progressive course - is for riders who have not attended a Council or Ride to Live training course before or riders who typically hold a learners or restricted motorbike licence and and who have been riding less than five years.
Advanced course - is for riders who have attended one previous Council or Ride to Live training course, riders who typically hold a restricted or full motorbike licence and who have been riding many years or for those returning to riding after a break of many years.
Refresher course - is for riders who have attended at least two previous Council or Ride to Live training courses and riders who hold a full motorbike licence.
These courses are for scooters of 50cc and under. The course is four hours and takes place either on tennis courts or a large car park.
To register for a motorcycle/scooter training course you must:
- Complete the registration form
- Pay the course fee ($20 (GST inclusive)):
- At a Tasman District Council office, or
- By internet banking - ASB Bank, Tasman District Council, 12-3193-0002048-03 (please put "Motorcycle" in the reference field)
- These courses have limited numbers and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Your place on a course and the training venue will be confirmed on receipt of your registration and payment.