Take a look at our new website

We're pleased to give you a sneak peek at our new website. Please browse around, then take the two-minute survey when you're done.

Grazing the Road Margin

Council allows the grazing of livestock on road margins in rural areas to assist adjoining owners to control road margin vegetation. In the case of Type 1 Unformed Roads these are often incorporated into an existing property.

You can apply to graze the road margin by completing this form Grazing the Road Margin-Application.

Read the Temporary Grazing of the Road Margin-Policy here.

If you have any queries regarding Grazing the Road Margin, contact the Engineering Services Department, Phone: 03 543 8400.