The rainy past few days mean we can now reopen our parks and reserves and most forest areas used for recreation in Tasman to the public.
The following reserves are open:
- Aniseed Valley reserves
- Dellside Park Lee Valley reserves
- Moturoa / Rabbit Island
- Wai-iti Recreation Reserve
- Wairoa Gorge reserves
- Great Taste Trail Spooners tunnel
- Kingsland Forest
- Richmond Hills
- Tunnicliff Forest
- Wairoa Gorge (weekend only due to harvesting)
- Hori Bay remains closed due to road damage.
- Mt Duppa remains closed due to harvesting.
A total fire ban remains in place, although this is regularly reviewed by Fire and Emergency New Zealand.
While there are no restrictions in place on using machinery or lawn mowers, caution should still be exercised during periods of hot, dry weather.
Please visit Nelson City Council’s website www.nelson.govt.nz(external link) for information on the parks and reserves in Nelson.
Contact DOC for any of their parks and reserves, www.doc.govt.nz(external link).