Do you have?
- Governance experience and an understanding of Local Government processes
- Strong leadership qualities
- Objectivity in decision making
- Ability to get on with a range of people
- Positive attitude to public ownership and the principles of good corporate citizenship
- Specific skills in recreation planning, sport and recreation management marketing, communications and event management.
These are the skills we are looking for in the new Chair for the Saxton Field Committee.
The Saxton Field Committee is a joint committee of Tasman District and Nelson City Councils.
Saxton Field is a major regional sporting complex. A review of the Reserve Management Plan is currently underway and will look at how the park will be managed and developed to ensure a bright future for our region’s largest sports, recreation and events venue.
The Committee is seeking a new Chair to join their Committee following the local government elections. The Committee’s purpose is to oversee the development and management of Saxton Field on behalf of Nelson City and Tasman District Councils.
This is an outstanding opportunity to provide strategic guidance to an amazing complex in our region. Preference will be given to someone who is based in the Nelson Tasman area.
Applications close 8 December 2019
Please read the Terms of Reference for Saxton Field before applying. (pdf, 337 KB)
Please send a letter outlining your skills and experience to Susan Edwards, Community Development Manager, Tasman District Council (tel: 027 2460681) or email@example.com along with a copy of your CV.
For further information please contact: Susan Edwards, Community Development Manager, Tasman District Council (tel: 027 2460681)