There is a total fire ban in Tasman.
Moturoa / Rabbit Island
Limited supervised access to Tasman's Great Taste Trail via the Mapua Ferry is available.
The rest of Motorua/Rabbit Island, including all walking and biking tracks remains closed as the fire risk is extreme.
Rough Island and several other Council reserves remain closed until further notice due to the continuing extreme fire risk.
All of Rough Island, including all walking/biking tracks and the equestrian area.
- Dellside reserve & Kingsland forest areas (Richmond)
- Jimmy Lee Creek walkway from Hill Street up into Kingsland Forest
- Hill Street South walkway to grassy saddle
- Valhalla walkway into Kingsland Forest
- Loadstone walkway into Kingsland Forest
- Busch Reserve
- Twin Bridges Reserve
- White Gates Reserve
- Meads Reserve
- Firestone Reserve
- DOC Lee Valley Reserve
Wakefield - Faulkners Bush
- The two paths to the lookout at Faulkners Bush
Wai-iti Recreation Reserve back area - the gate is closed to the back area until further notice. You can still use the front area by the road for camping.
Max's Bush, Brightwater - the privately-owned area at the end of Haycock Road is closed to the public until further notice.
All Council-owned forestry tracks including:
- Kingsland Forest, including Dellside Reserve
- Tunnicliff Forest
- Moturoa/Rabbit Island