Kingsland Forest, on the flanks of the Barnicoat Range that forms the backdrop to Richmond, is a Council-owned plantation forestry block that has become a popular recreation destination for bikers and walkers.
A new harvesting cycle is about to start in Kingsland Forest. We’re proposing to gradually retire Kingsland Forest from commercial forestry operations as plantation forestry blocks mature and are harvested over the next 20 years.
We’re considering replanting in a mix of native and permanent exotic trees, allowing us to progressively improve recreational tracks and facilities over time.
This is where you come in – what’s your vision for the future of Kingsland Forest?
Have your say
We want to know what you think of the draft Kingsland Forest Development Plan.
More information is available online at tasman.govt.nz/feedback, and at Council offices and libraries.
You can have your say by:
- Making an online submission
- Downloading a submission form from our website or picking one up from any Council office or library. You can return it either by:
- Emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with Kingsland Forest draft development plan in the subject line
- Dropping it in to any Council office or library
- Posting it to Kingsland Forest Draft Plan, Tasman District Council, 189 Queen Street, Private Bag 4, Richmond 7020.