"No spray list" applicant conditions*
Your application will be processed and your property details added to the Tasman District Council “No Spray List”.
Our spraying contractor's list is updated with your details at the same time.
As the applicant you are required to meet the following conditions to ensure your property is not sprayed.
- The no spray area must be clearly visible to the spraying contractor at all times. Council-compliant red-numbered marker pegs are compulsory and Council will install these. It is your responsibility to ensure that these remain clearly visible.
- Lost or damaged marker pegs are the responsibility of the landowner.
- You are required to control vegetation growth along your frontage to ensure road users are not impeded and all roadside signs and markers are clearly visible. Vegetation height should not exceed 300mm.
- Any stormwater drainage ditches need to be kept clear of excess vegetation.
- At intersections vegetation must be kept well clear to ensure good sight lines for traffic using the intersection.
- It is your responsibility to eliminate all noxious weeds.
- If inspection proves that maintenance is not being carried out, the permit holder will be notified and given 30 days to carry out the required work. If an area is found not to be maintained, the permit may be cancelled and Council may reinstate the spray area.
Read further information on vegetation control in rural areas.
For any queries please contact the Engineering Department, phone 03 543 8400.