Bell Island Wastewater Treatment Plant
Hearing: Monday 11 November to Wednesday 13 November 2019.
Closed: 30 January 2020
Venue: Beachside Event Centre, 70 Beach Road, Tahuna
[last updated 20 March 2020]
If you have any questions, they can be emailed to the Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelson Regional Sewerage Business Unit.
Bell Island, Waimea Inlet; 150 Bell Island Access, via Best Island; and adjacent coastal marine area.
Island No 2 Bell Waimea East District (CT56/193); and coastal marine area.
Consent type, application number and proposal
Details of the proposal are summarised in the public notice, and the resource consents sought include:
Discharge to coastal water (application RM171238)
Replacement for Permit NN000539V2 - Discharge of treated wastewater into Waimea Inlet from Bell Island WWTP.
Discharge to air (application RM171255)
Replacement for Permit NN000541 - Discharge of contaminants (primarily odour) to air from Bell Island WWTP.
Discharge to land (application RM171256)
Replacement for Permit RM071151 - To discharge treated wastewater to land (to the north west of the Bell Island WWTP) by way of irrigation.
Discharge to land (application RM171257)
Discharge of treated wastewater to land via seepage from clay-lined facilities (ponds) at the Bell Island WWTP.
Coastal occupation/structure (application RM171258)
To occupy the coastal marine area and to use and maintain an existing pipe and diffuser outlet structure, required for the discharge to coastal water.
The applicant's contact details are:c/- Duncan Cotterill, PO Box 5, Christchurch 8140
FAO: Katherine Forward
one level up
Previous status updates
- Submissions closed: 4:30pm on Friday 23 March 2018
- After the submission period closed, the applicant asked Council to suspend processing on 5 April 2018 to talk to submitters.
- As a result of consultation with submitters, the applicant gave the Council more information on odour and cultural effects on 20 December 2018
- Council agreed three times to extend to the time processing was on hold.
- The processing of the application recommenced on 4 July 2019.
- The Commissioners issued a minute on the process and timetable for anyone participating in the Hearing on 13 September 2019.
- Start time and venue for the Hearing was released with the s42A Agenda / Report on 17 October 2019.
- Applicant evidence uploaded on 24 October 2019.
- Hearing held 10-13 November 2019 - adjourned 13 November 2019 - and draft conditions circulated for written comment.
- The Commissioners issued a minute on 26 November 2019 to be issued alongside the revised conditions for circulation, setting the timetable for comment from parties.
- Applicant right of reply received by Council 20 December 2019.
- Hearing closed 30 January 2020.
- Commissioner issued minute 4 on 4 February 2020 for timetable for notice of decision (and extend time scale under s37 and s37A).
- Decision released and notified on 21 February 2020.