Pigeon Valley Fire Update 68 0800 Friday 22 February 2019
Wakefield prepare to evacuate notice lifted Civil Defence Group Controller Roger Ball has lifted the conditional re-entry status for Wakefield. The decision was possible because of the work that had been done in fighting the fire and means people living and working in Wakefield are no longer subjec...

Before you apply: research, planning advice and pre-application assistance

If you think you may need a Resource Consent, we recommend you talk to us before you submit your application.

Before you apply for your resource consent, you should:

  • gather your information, and
  • come and talk to us to make sure you've covered everything we need.



Gather your information

What information will I need?
Come and talk to us

What help is available?

There are three main options for obtaining information and guidance:

  1. Duty planning advice
  2. Duty planning advice (complex)
  3. Pre-application advice.

Guidance document

For more detail on these options, download

Duty planning and pre application advice brochure (pdf, 1.2 MB)

Urban design 

If you're undertaking a major project such as new urban developments or buildings, 'greenfield' subdivisions or a prominent or strategic development, you may also be able to get help from the Urban Design Panel. 

Read more about the Urban Design Panel

Option 1: duty planning advice for straightforward proposals
Option 2: Complex duty planner advice - for less simple proposals
Option Three: Pre-application advice for complex proposals

Last modified: