Access is open - with conditions
Moturoa/Rabbit Island is open with some conditions.
- The barbecues on Rough and Moturoa/Rabbit Islands are locked and not to be used.
- If hot, sunny and windy conditions return please limit your park visits to the morning.
All these openings will be reviewed on Wednesday next week (13 March) where, depending on the weather conditions and fire risk, decisions will be made whether to provide more access, retain the restricted access or reclose the reserves.
Remember if you see smoke or any sign of fire please call 111 immediately.
Please obey all signage.
- Visitors are asked to keep to the marked trails and obey all signage.
- Logging is in progress and trucks are in constant use.
- Please use caution, particularly at intersections.
- Dogs are not permitted on Moturoa / Rabbit Island. They are welcome on Rough Island.
Gates close 8.30pm
Gates currently close at 8.30pm.
Due to harvesting operations roads can close at any time. Please observe any operational signage and use alternative routes if necessary.
Please note that dogs are prohibited on Moturoa / Rabbit Island.
Need help? Contact us
Phone 03 543 8400